Monday 9 April 2012

April 10th

Just some thoughts about whats going on,,,I have a few classes to finish up then I have my BA. This will free up my time to stay home and look after my boy while his mom is at work in October. I will continue to pursue higher education in the fall. In the fall, the gym will most likely be running out of Garry's gym, I will be rernting some space there, Tues, Thur, and Saturday. Garry has been good to me over the years and this will be a good arrangenment.
On a personal note, Its has been over a year since I fell off the wagon after 4 months and partied, getting hammered and smoking weed til I got sick and passed out. That was the last time, not only because I am a dad and have wanted to live drug and alcohol free for years (I sometimes have beer, after a meal or watching a fight, but not out at the bar, getting drunk). It is because I have learned how to stand on my own emotionally.
This was a process I went through with some training with Jim and with my wife to create a healthy relationship for ourselves and Giizhig. This is a process that is ongoing and applies to all relationships. I had to learn to deal with stresses in healthy ways on an individual level -i.e., working out is a great outlet but with some techniques. When I exhale I say the affirmation of 'peace'. This of course is the easy stuff, the more difficult stuff is still out of my scope but I am doing better than I was in the past and better than alot of people. It is important to be a student of life, and observe others.
There are many of our FN people that are emotionally hurt and can't see, hear, talk and think properly. The real role models are the people who are committed to helping to those and not advancing thier individual agenda's; in my opinion. We are living in the most interesting time in history, and actions now will have consequences in the future.
For me personally, I know what I need to do for guidance at the end of the summer. I am sick of the public opinion of maistream society and that is a major stumbling block. How can I live my life and contribute to nationhood and be happy with myself when I look in the mirror when I am retired and a grandad?
Life is just getting interesting for me, I look forward to the memories I will create with my little family in the coming years. This has been the best 5 months of my life, nothing better than looking into my smiling boys eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment